Sunday 16 January 2011

bumblebee



leather jacket & jumper - topshop, skirt - UO

unintentionally dressed like a bumblebee today! all yellow and black, oops. also carrying on with my new favourite colour, mustard...! i've been trying to wear a bit more of 'different' colours lately, and this jumper is perfect for that. i wasn't sure it would suit me, but i just had to try it out, and i love it! really i should have taken a photo of it with my jacket off so i could show it's wonderful colourfulness better, but i'll definitely be wearing it again soon so i'll show you then.

this lace skirt is great, too. i get a few comments sometimes of people asking me why i never wear skirts, only shorts. i'd never really thought about it before, and i don't know why it is.. the only thing i can think of is that i'm very picky with clothes, and there's a lot nicer shorts out there than skirts. but when i saw this skirt in the urban outfitters sale, i was really drawn to it - the lace, the length and the striped mesh part at the bottom, and i knew it would go with most things in my wardrobe. maybe i'll make more of an effort to buy skirts in the future!

and i know i wear these boots pretty much all the time.. but i'm on the hunt for another pair of mid-heel shoes to wear!

p.s please don't forget to vote for me in the ASOS styling competition! you can vote here, thank you!

28 comments:

  1. Love the jumper, really nice colour. Also a fan of the subtle contrast with the green in your rings too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love the pop of colour in this outfit, and that skirt is lovely!
    Off to vote for you now x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like mustard with black. The shirt is very cute and the perfecto rock the outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this.
    I have you're jacket too aha :)
    http://ameliadontshout.blogspot.com/
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this outfit is gorgeous :)
    love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That skirt is gorgeous, you suit skirts :)

    intothefoldfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I voted for you, but I was pretty shocked at how rude some of the comments were on your picture! Ignore them, its a lovely outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the skirt is adorable,love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you've toughened up a girly lace skirt with the leather jacket...very cool! Love that skirt! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the look your rocking, that aviator jacket is AMAZING, I almost got my hands on one yesterday, but of course, they didn't have my size. Argh!
    Hehe!
    Great post!
    XO
    F

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this, the color of yout jumper is so pretty (:

    ReplyDelete
  12. that is really such a pretty mustard colored top, i love the whole outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. colour inspiration ♥ i'm pale too and i never would have dared. might try it now x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the peep of mustard yellow! Such a fun color to wear :) I love how it's not straight on yellow (I don't really like yellow, actually), but it's a little bit duller.

    ReplyDelete
  15. another perfect outfit :)

    paintingtherosesblack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hehe, I love when I accidentally dress like a bumblebee. That leather jacket is amazing.

    I agree, there are much nicer shorts than skirts out in the world. It's weird though, I wear tons of dresses, but have the hardest time wanting to wear skirts. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well that colour suits you a lot, and you should wear more skirts! ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. lovely outfit. i will vote for you now!

    The Flower Girl

    thebohemiangoods.blogspot.com

    X

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh, that skirt is really nice! I'm also really picky about clothes and I agree that it's hard to find nice skirts... one of the hardest things I think.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this! The jacket, the skirt!
    Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  21. lol to the bumblebee thing. cute! love that tone of yellow and beautiful skirt
    Scrapbook de la Emma

    ReplyDelete
  22. love the black with the mustard! your blog is cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Loving the mustard colour! :)
    http://stylishoverflows.blogspot.com/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely!!! Romantic and at the same time so stylish.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for all your comments! you're wonderful.